Why Johnny Five is alive?

General chat about Johnny Five and Short Circuit.
Sergey3

Why Johnny Five is alive?

Postby Sergey3 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:37 pm

Why he live? Artificially Intelligent or a Positron brain he use? Or he hurt his memory?
- What is this red button? eh.. "Run atomic bomb, don't click"
... "CLICK"
- Time left: 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, ....1
BOOOOOM!!
....Don't click unknown red buttons xDD...
@Ru22i@n R0b0t@

Mike Van Plew

Re: Why Johnny Five is alive?

Postby Mike Van Plew » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:20 pm

Welcome Sergey,

Johnny 5 is alive because he was struck by lightning!

Now he has the spark of Life.

Julian Wilbury

Postby Julian Wilbury » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:46 am

Because otherwise there wouldn't be a plot!

...What?! It's true... :roll:
Enclosed is something called a chili dog!
http://rockerbot.deviantart.com

Three of Nine

Postby Three of Nine » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:12 pm

Johnny Five have Soul, life form.
"Resistance is futile"

IcedOut

Postby IcedOut » Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:06 pm

I have my doubts that he's actually "alive" but his anthropomorphism was learned. Stephenie humanized him too much!!! The same thing happened when Andrew jumped out the window in Bicentennial Man!!!

Paul

Postby Paul » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:34 pm

the "striking by lightning" is very much an homage to both frankenstein....and ADAM.....from the painting of adam and "god" where "god" endows adam with the spark of life

http://www.evolutionminute.com/00-adamgod-lg.jpg

either way , lightning has always had a place in mans heart as a bringer of life....

as far as the "technical details" ...i use the ae old "dude, it's a movie!" no real machine could possible ever withstand the abuse thta johnny five is dealt in the two movies and remain functional...But He is anthropromorphized in both films this is for certain

GinnieFive

Postby GinnieFive » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:43 am

Interesting that the reference link to the pic of Adam and God is on a site called evolutionmate - another discussion for another board, I guess.

Anyway, ask a doctor what makes people "alive" and why we die. He won't be able to give you a straight answer. Our hearts are electric as is the rest of our nervous system, so no big surprise that lightning is a common literary source of life. Even the poster from Short Circuit is a take on Michelangelo's rendering of Adam and God. So I say whatever makes us alive is the same thing that makes Johnny Five alive - something above all the parts and electricity running through them. Our bodies are the most advanced machines ever made, but despite their regenerative powers they wear out, and somehow our "aliveness" leaves them. So a more interesting question is, "Will Johnny Five ever die?" ("of natural causes" is - of course - implied.)

Ginnie

Paul

Postby Paul » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:00 pm

wow....will johnny five ever die of natural causes? this thread has gotten DEEP.....And ive never seen artwork depicting a similarity between sc and the adam and god pic.....but then again my memory is pretty well shot, so maybe i have....

check out the song "electricity" by 311....great tune regarding this very topic (of our souls being electricity)

robo717

Postby robo717 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:49 pm

The only way Johnny could die is if parts wear out and he couldn't find replacements for them. Eventually his body would wear out just like ours though it may take longer. That's one of the reasons that the robot in Bicentennial man was not granted his personhood at first. Because people could accept an immortal robot but never an immortal human. Andrew ( the robot ) had to arrange for himself to die at some point by replacing vital parts with parts that degenerate over time.

Johnny doesn't have this problem. He was legally considered a person at the end of Short Circuit 2. His lifespan is probably much greater than that of a human especially considering he can replace parts.

lily2015

Postby lily2015 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:25 am

By which trying to find an excellent datacenter whilst accountable social networking program national infrastructure.

Return to “Johnny Five is alive!”