Interesting tidbit found in trailer

General chat about Johnny Five and Short Circuit.
andrew244

Interesting tidbit found in trailer

Postby andrew244 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:38 am

While watching through some obscure SC trailers, there was a scene in particular in one trailer that never made it to the final cut of the film. (It's around the 14 sec mark. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydV542gUdkM )

The scene goes like this: while Stephanie first meets Number Five in the van, she attempts to make him follow her into her house. After saying 'forward', Number Five bursts forward towards Stephanie, who then starts screaming 'Stop!'. Number Five repeats, and stops, but it's too late for Stephanie, as he butts into her and she fall out of the van.

What's even more interesting, in my opinion, was that the short scene was in the original script. Having just finished reading the script (found in an earlier forum post), and seeing how much had been changed from the script, I'm just curious how that scene didn't even get recycled in the cutting room floor graveyard, aka the credits.

Anybody have any thoughts to share? Or am I just gushing over this scene a little too much?

Josee Millette

Re: Interesting tidbit found in trailer

Postby Josee Millette » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:31 am

Wow! I had never seen that trailer with that deleted scene. I know it's in the script and it's also in the novel (that was based on the script).

I really like all deleted scenes too. It's too bad they didn't even show that one during the credits.

Thanks for the TV spot. That's a treasure.

Return to “Johnny Five is alive!”