New Director for remake

All facts, rumors, and wishlists for the upcoming remake.
Nessa

New Director for remake

Postby Nessa » Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:16 am

http://www.deadline.com/2011/08/directo ... it-reboot/

So the guy who directed 'Paul Blart' is out, and they've brought in the guy who directed 'Hop' and 'Alvin and the Chipmunks'. I get the feeling they're going for the whole 80s/90s plot line where some prepubescent middle-class white boy with family troubles and no friends ends up finding the escaped robot and blah blah predictable ET-esque story.

Mike Van Plew

Re: New Director for remake

Postby Mike Van Plew » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:04 pm

Well Folks, You've got to admit that it is at least some news on the subject of getting Short Circuit made is news even if it's a Director change it's something to hold out for in the long run.

As for being any good, only time will tell. We'll all just have to be patient as for as long as we've been waiting for all this time anyway, Right? Who knows? we'll just keep holding on like usual I guess.

Thanks Nessa for posting something! any other regulars here got something to say? and don't forget just how long it took to get a Toy of Johnny 5 either!

Lets all just keep following up on the re-make and keep everybody posted, so if anybody hears anything let us know, Pronto!

Mike VP

Josee Millette

Postby Josee Millette » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:05 am

Hey :)
I did see that announcement last weekend. I just happened to check on the Internet Movie Database Short Circuit page and found out about this.

I was happy to see some news about the remake... but I wonder what happened to Steve Carr. That is weird. Anyway, I don't know much about this new director. And the remake's release year has been pushed back to 2013.

Oh, well. At least it means it is still in the works. With the lack of news, I thought the project had been abandoned.

Nessa

Postby Nessa » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:13 am

2013, eh? With this news, I figured that a release date for this year would not actually happen.

Mike Van Plew

Postby Mike Van Plew » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:11 pm

Entertainment Tonight reported on movie re-makes on Tuesday this week and one of them was Short Circuit so if ET is saying it's being done then they would know? Why report it's being done and not know right?

In any case at least it's some news hopefully more will follow sometime soon!

Return to “Short Circuit 2000”