Used to live in Stephanie's house.

Used to live in Stephanie's house.

Postby blynkmama1 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:58 am

Hi All,
I used to live in Stephanie's house for a year. It was around 2005-06. We wanted to to buy it but the woman who owned it at the time got greedy wanted to make double what she paid for it at the time the housing market was hot. She wanted sometime like $350K for a house that was totally not worth it! People used to come knocking on our door wanting to see inside. It got annoying at times especially when I would be sitting in the living room and I's see someone just walking up onto the wrap around deck that gave you a full view of the bridge and water, and I would have to say ummm, me and my family live here! I did however enjoy that view especially when I was in the kitchen cooking and I would see and entire ship in full view on the water! It did however have time that I thought it was haunted. There were certain rooms nobody wanted to go in and my son was terrified to sleep in his bedroom as well as I didnt want to sleep in mine. I had some freaky things happen as well.
People think that the movie was filmed entirely inside the house. I believe only the outside of it was the only part in the movie and the rest was filmed in a studio...not sure where! ;)
blynkmama1

Re: Used to live in Stephanie's house.

Postby blynkmama1 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:00 am

I also wanted to add that I believe that the house is still empty! I guess she didnt make the money after all. My ex-husband was there 6 months ago and drove by the house and he said it was still empty. I knew she was charging way to much for it! :lol:
blynkmama1

Postby Josee Millette » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:25 am

Wow... you're lucky! I think if I'd live in there, I would be really nice to Short Circuit fans, letting them take pictures of the house, etc. However, I understand that after a while, it should be annoying.
Josee Millette

Postby Paul » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:26 pm

it is haunted by the ghosts of the other saint robots that johnny disassembled. :-)
Paul

Postby Mike » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:59 pm

The house was still empty in 2010 when I saw it. I was in town for the Goonies Celebration. If its still vacant at least no one will mind if someone helps themselves onto the deck. Who would ever do that? Okay. Guilty :). Only because it was obviously vacant.

blynkmama1, I was going to ask you if you are the one who cooked me pancakes at the house. That was in 2003 though so it couldn't have been. That was the year Virginia (from the boards) and I went up to see the sights and got an exclusive tour and met the tenants at the time. I wonder if they had ghost problems too! You know who you shoulda called..... Ghost Busters! ;)

I'd love to donate a poster or something....(maybe a cutout of the SC2 poster?) of Johnny peering out the window. I think that would be neat.
Mike

Return to Website feedback